As a boy mom (mother of four boys) I seriously enjoy creating party supplies for boys since they don't have a large variety of themes to choose from like the girls.
If you’ve been stumped trying to find a cool theme, then this project will be perfect for you. This theme can be used for girls as well.
The mirror and glitter card stock looks so amazing and all the kids will love them. I think the adults will jump for joy as well, because I know I did!
- Cardstock Warehouse Cardstock Papers
- Silver Mirror
- Blue Mirror
- Black Mirror
- White Diamond Print Inkjet Glitter
- Cutting Machine (I'm using a Cricut & Design Space)
- Foam Circles
- Hot Glue Gun
So, we’re starting off by finding all of our files in Design Space.
All file names:
- Gable Box Square (#M4718E)
- Neptune Space, Print Fill (#MC63E8B8)
- Space Exploration Satellite (#M1336F34A)
- I Need My Space Saturn (#M1336F342)
- Explore The Universe Rocket (#M1336F33E)
- Astronaut Space Mission (#M1336F332)
Once you’ve entered all of the files in Design Space, its time to resize everything and add an offset to the space images. See the video below for details. You can also CLICK HERE to be taken directly to this Cricut project.
Once my files were set up, I cut my pieces out of the following papers.
- Gable Box- Silver Mirror
- Squares for sides- Black Mirror
- Outline mats for printed designs- Blue Mirror
- Printed Designs- Diamond Print White Inkjet Glitter
Now that everything is cut, it's time to assemble.
For the box, you’re going to fold all of the scored lines, then glue the tab to the other end.
Now we have our shape. To close the box, tuck the two tabs in the open one then tuck in the last part. You can use a dab of hot glue to secure this, or leave it the way it is.
Now you will attach your designs to the outside. Start by attaching your black square to each side of the box. Then add the blue layer and the printed design. To give the boxes some dimension, I put the pieces together with the foam dots.
Then, you’ll just glue on the top Neptune panel with your hot glue gun.
And now we have the cutest outer space themed treat boxes. They can be used for candy, party favors, or even to put masks in.
Thank you for crafting along with me, I hope you enjoyed this project and I look forward to seeing your creations.
Youtube: The CraftPrint