Hi there! Daniel West here! Thanks for joining me on the blog today!
Interactive cards have taken Pinterest and Instagram by storm. I have dipped my toes into the river just a bit with this butterfly card. The die set I used makes it a cinch especially when paired with great, heavy, beautiful cardstock from Cardstock Warehouse Paper Company.
To begin, you will need to gather these supplies:
- Cardstock Warehouse Cardstock Papers in Grapesicle/Lavender, Purple and Amethyst
- Butterfly Love Bundle and the Beautiful Butterfly Bundle from Concord & 9th.
- Grape Crush, Sugared Lavender, Pixie Dust Inks from Catherine Pooler
- Night Shift Embossing and Alabaster embossing powders from Brutus Monroe
- Heat tool
- Die-cutting machine
- Paper trimmer
- Scoring Tool
- Stamping tool
- Strong liquid adhesive
Follow these step-by-step directions to complete your card:
- Begin by cutting an 8.5 by 5.5” card base out of a sheet of Grapesicle Cardstock
- Stamp the butterfly turnabout stamp out on the card base front using the three different violet ink colors.
- On the fourth turn, prep the cardstock with an anti-static powder tool and stamp it in clear ink.
Heat emboss the fourth turn clear image with Night Shift embossing powder.
- Die-cut the butterfly pieces out of the Purple and Amethyst cardstock.
- Adhere the detailed die cut over the solid die cut with strong liquid adhesive.
- Fold, connect and attach the pop-up mechanism to the back of the butterfly, then to the fold of the card base.
I have a video showing the entire creation of this card below!
Thank you for joining me today for this card tutorial. I am happy to connect with you about this project and supplies I used to create them via social media! Find me at my links below. Also, be sure to follow Cardstock Warehouse on Facebook and Instagram! Tag us in your creations using #cardstockwarehouse to be featured on our Instagram!