Hey there! Stephanie here from Coffee Stamps Chaos with another fun project for you this month! I’m excited to share a new project with you using my personal favorite line of papers available from Cardstock Warehouse Paper Company - The Sparkle Collection! You will see me use these papers frequently because I love them so much! Glitter, shine and sparkle, all essential elements for cards if you ask me!
My favorite kinds of cards to make are the ones that can be used for a variety of occasions! Like this one here, could be used for a birthday, thinking of you or as a thank you! I love to give handmade cards, they are always well received and appreciated by the recipient.
To complete this project you will need the following supplies:
Cardstock Warehouse Cardstock Papers:
- Desert Sand
- Sirio Ultra Black
- Bianco Pergamenata Parchment
Tools & Supplies:
- Die Cutting Machine
- Metal Shim
- Paper Trimmer
- Adhesive - I use a Scotch Advanced Tape Glider (ATG)
- Liquid Adhesive - I used a 2 Way Glue Pen
- Gina Marie Designs Enamel Dots
- Concord & 9th Fabulous Phrases
- Hero Arts Infinity Rectangle Dies
- A Detailed Background/Cover Plate Die - any detailed die will do, but I used Simon Says Debra Wafer Die
Now that you know what supplies I used, here is how you complete your card:
- You will want to cut your Parchment, and Sparkle Cardstock into quarters, each should be 4 1/4 x 5 1/2” when you are done.
- Next, cut your Sirio Ultra Black in half at 4 1/2” and score at 5 1/2” and fold it so you have a card base, then the second strip you will cut in half at 5 1/2” (so you have two pieces)
- Take your Sparkle Collection Cardstock and die cut your sentiment in the center so the negative (space around your die cut sentiment) can be used for another card, I don’t like to waste paper, especially not when it is as beautiful as this paper is!
- Use one piece of Ultra Black (that was cut down) and die cut your sentiment, I cut mine multiple times to layer it, I do this because it gives the sentiment more stability & depth when layered - note: it doesn’t have to be centered so you can use the rest for another die cut in the future
- If you cut extras of your sentiment, you’ll want to glue those together creating a stack of die-cut sentiments with the Sparkly one on top - I promise, it’ll be gorgeous!
- Use a piece of your Sparkle Cardstock and cut your background die out, removing all the inset pieces - note: you can add layers to this one at your discretion, I did not layer mine
- Glue your die-cut onto a piece of the Sirio Ultra Black Cardstock that you cut down
- I used Hero Arts Rectangle dies to create a frame, this can be done by using two dies at the same time to create your frame with the smaller die inside the larger one and running it through your
- Next you will cut a strip of Black Cardstock and a strip of Parchment at least 1/4” larger than your black strip
- Next you will adhere your parchment behind the black strip
- Adhere a trimmed piece of parchment to your card base (i took about 1/4” off the top and side so it would layer nicely behind my die cut panel and break up the black a little
- Adhere your die cut panel on top of the parchment
- Adhere your strip of black with parchment behind to your card front (wherever you choose)
- Adhere your die cut sentiment
- Add Enamel dots
Enjoy your finished card or better yet, give it to a friend to brighten their day and for them to enjoy too! Share handmade kindness, it’ll make you AND someone else happy!
Thank you so much for stopping by! Please share your cards and paper crafting creations with us by tagging #cardstockwarehouse to be featured on our Facebook or Instagram pages!
Have a creative day!