The air might not be getting crisp quite yet, but August means one thing - back to school. Here’s a project to make for your favorite teacher to open on the first day of school, or a treat for your kids to enjoy on the bus ride home. Using a variety of Cardstock Warehouse papers, I whipped up some adorable mini pinatas that might just be too cute to break open!
- The papers from this Cardstock Creation Collection
- Glue stick
- Glue pen
- Cricut or other cutting machine
- Using a cutting machine or templates, cut out the shapes for each style of pinata.
- Cut 1.5 inch strips for the pinata edges, and 1-inch strips for the fringe.
- Begin by taping the 1.5-inch strips in between the front and back pieces of the pinata. This will make the pinata 3D.
- Before closing the pinata up, add the candy or small toys inside. Then tape the pinata closed.
- Below is what each pinata will look like before decorated.
- With the 1-inch paper strips, cut fringe along the entire length. This is what you will use to decorate the pinata!
- Using the glue stick, begin layering the fringe strips until the entire surface is covered. You can cut the strips down to smaller lengths so that you can get multiple strips out of each long one.
- Let glue dry.
- Cut off excess paper along the edges.
- Add small details using our favorite glue pen to the pinatas to bring them to life!
So long sweet summer!-Ilyssa (Made by Ilyssa)