Hi there! This is Daniel West with Del and Artie, I’m so glad you’re here with me.
Papercrafting brings a smile to my face like no other hobby. As with any hobby, the right tools and materials can really make a difference in the end result. Cardstock Warehouse top-notch cardstock that makes creating beautiful cards and crafts fun and easy. I like to that they offer 100-105lb cardstock because it can really stand up to scoring and die cutting, as well as make it through the postal system without creasing and bending as easily.
The colors pair easily and beautifully. For instance, today’s card features Amethyst and Blu Raspberry colors. They accent each other perfectly.
This card includes an interactive pull-out design that makes it fun!
To being, you will need to gather these supplies:
- Cardstock Warehouse Cardstock Papers in Pure White 100 lb, Blu Raspberry 100 lb, Amethyst 100 lb, Bianco Pergamenata Parchment 85 lb.
- Mail Drop Stamp Set, Mail Drop Die Set and the Happy Plaids Stamp Set from Concord & 9th.
- Gina K Amalgam Ink (any black alcohol marker friendly ink)
- Aquatini Ink from Catherine Pooler
- Copic Markers in BV29, BG49, and RV06 (or similar)
- Die cutting machine
- Paper trimmer
- Stamping tool (i.e. acrylic block, MISTI)
- Strong liquid adhesive
Follow these step-by-step directions to complete your card:
- Begin by cutting a 4.25 x 5.5” card panel out of a sheet of the Amethyst cardstock, an 8.5 by 5.5” card base out of a sheet of Pure White cardstock, a 3” strip of the Parchment and a 3.75 x 5.5” panel of Blu Raspberry cardstock.
- Die cut the Parchment cardstock with the mini envelope and the slider dies.
- Die cut a piece of scrap Pure White cardstock with the bouquet die.
- Die cut the mini envelope and the Blu Raspberry panel with the mini-slot die.
- Die cut a heart out of scrap piece of the Amethyst cardstock.
- Die cut the word HUGS three times out of some Amethyst cardstock.
- Stamp the envelope lines onto the mini envelope, the words “pull here” on a strip of Pure White, and the bouquet stamp on your bouquet die cut in black ink.
- Fold the envelope die cut parchment into a mini envelope and adhere the bottom three sides with strong liquid adhesive.
- Stamp the Blu Raspberry panel with the Happy Plaid stamp diagonally to create a plaid background with Aquatini ink.
- Stamp the sentiment, “A LITTLE NOTE TO SAY HELLO”, onto the front of the slider piece in black ink.
- Color in the bouquet with the Copic markers.
- Then put the card together like this:
- Adhere the Amethyst panel to the front of the card base.
- Adhere the mini envelope to the front of the Blue Raspberry panel, making sure to line up the slots.
- Slip the slider through the slot on the Blu Raspberry panel and the mini envelope.
- Adhere the bouquet to the top of the slider.
- Adhere the “pull here” tap to the back of the bouquet with the words sticking out of the top.
- Adhere the Amethyst heart to the front of the mini envelope.
- Adhere the word HUGS below the mini envelope, stacking the letters for added dimension.
Thank you for joining me today for this card tutorial. Here’s a tiny video of the finished card starring me, pulling the tab up and down (It’s definitely Oscar-worthy). I am happy to connect with you about this project and supplies I used to create them via social media! Find me at my links below. Also, be sure to follow Cardstock Warehouse on Facebook and Instagram! Tag us in your creations using #cardstockwarehouse to be featured on our Instagram!
Daniel from Del and Artie
This…is….too….stinkin….cute!!! Great work Daniel.
Adorable card, and I love the interactive element! ❤️❤️❤️