Hi there! This is Daniel West with Del and Artie, I’m so glad you’re here with me.
Two for one deals make me happy! If I can get something for free with my purchase, I feel like I have won a small prize. Of course, who does not like free? Well, when I make cards, the same holds true. While making a card, you can often make two out of the same materials. Today, I have two cards I made out of the same panels, using ink blending and a die-cut inlay technique.
To being, you will need to gather these supplies:
- Cardstock Warehouse Cardstock Papers in Pure White 100 lb from the Foundations Collection and Sirio Ultra Black 104lb.
- White Embossing Powder (I used Brutus Monroe Alabaster).
- Concord & 9th Big Thanks Stamps and Dies Bundle.
- Distress Oxide Inks in Twisted Citron, Squeezed Lemonade and Worn Lipstick.
- Clear Embossing Ink
- Black Ink (I used Catherine Pooler Midnight)
- Blending Brushes (I used Life-Changing Brushes from Picket Fence)
- A coordinating mix of sequins.
- A piece of clear acetate.
- Baking powder, cornstarch or talc-free baby powder
- Heat tool
- Die cutting machine
- Paper trimmer
- Stamping tool (i.e. large acrylic block, MISTI)
- Strong liquid adhesive
Follow these step-by-step directions to complete your card:
- Begin by cutting a 4.25 x 5.5” card panel out of a sheet of the Pure White cardstock.
- With your blending brush, begin applying ink in a gradient from the top to the bottom starting with Worn Lipstick, then Squeezed Lemonade and finishing up with Twisted Citron. (Or whatever colors you are using.)
- Die cut the word THANKS out of the center of the panel, making sure to save all of the pieces.
- Using the die-cut panel as a guide, stamp the coordinating letters from the Big Thanks bundle in black ink onto the front of an A2-sized card base.
- Add a 4 x 5” acetate panel behind the die-cut panel using strong adhesive.
- Pop it up on some double-side 1/8” foam tape.
- Add your coordinating sequin mix to the center of the card base and place your die-cut panel onto the front.
- Emboss your sentiment onto a piece of Ultra Black cardstock with white embossing powder.
- Trim the sentiment piece down and adhere it to the front of the card with strong liquid adhesive. And that finishes off the first card.
- For the bonus card, create a card base out of the Pure White 100lb cardstock. Make sure you score before you fold for a clean line! (Visit our Scoring Paper 101 page to learn how.)
- Die-cut the Big Thanks out of an A2-sized panel of Pure White cardstock, saving all the pieces.
- Adhere the die-cut panel onto the front of the card base.
- Now, adhere the ink-blended die-cut THANKS from the first card inside the die-cut panel of the bonus card, along with the white chads that your second die-cut created.
- Heat emboss another sentiment onto Ultra Black cardstock, trim it down and adhere it to the front, just like the first card, to finish it off!
Thank you for joining me today for these two cards. I am happy to connect with you about this project and supplies I used to create them via social media! Find me at my links below. Also, be sure to follow Cardstock Warehouse on Facebook and Instagram! Tag us in your creations using #cardstockwarehouse to be featured on our Instagram!