Hey y’all!!! Stephanie here from Coffee Stamps Chaos with a fun fall card using a Unity Stamp Co stamp from the August Kit of the Month, paired with a die cut sentiment from Gina Marie Designs and of course, my most favorite, can’t live without it supply… YUP! You guessed it, cardstock from Cardstock Warehouse!!!!
Happy Fall... I think… Okay maybe it doesn’t feel like fall where you live, but here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, our seasons aren’t on the same schedule as the rest of the world so we sometimes end up with several seasons in the same day. Weird I know, but I love my state with its very own seasonal clock. I also love fall, hot drinks, soups and stews, cozy socks and blankets and all the colors of the changing leaves, sunsets and textures; they inspire me to create.
As usual, when fall comes around, I find myself considering the things I am grateful for, which I do all year but fall cards usually have something to do with being thankful and grateful, so naturally, you consider those things a little more. Right now, I am grateful that school is back in session and ALL of my little kids are in school ALL day, a semi normal routine has returned to my house, my kids are excited to see their friends at school and excitedly come tell me all about what they’re learning. It also means fall is here, which means yummy crockpot soups, stews, and hot drinks make up regular meals in my home.
Fall also makes me think about food, I love food all year, but there’s something so satisfying about hot filling soups and stews that just makes me happy and content and make my house smell amazing. Food makes me almost as happy as craft supplies, but we aren’t here to talk about food, so let’s get to the details of this card creation!
For this card you will need the following:
Cardstock Warehouse Cardstock:
- Foundations Collection: Recycled White 80lb
- Stardream Collection: Copper 105lb
- Sirio Ultra Black 105lb
- Cherry Wood Veneer 12pt
- A fall stamp or any line art stamp you can color would do for this
- I used a stamp from my Unity Stamp Company August 2019 Kit of the Month
* INSERT SUPPLY PHOTO GRID 1 *
- Marker safe Ink - I love Gina K Amalgam Ink because it is perfect for any medium!
- Markers or some kind of coloring medium; I used Copic Sketch Markers
- Distress Oxide Inks: Chipped Sapphire & Stormy Sky
- Post it paper (for masking)
- Blending Brushes or sponges
- White gel pen (I love Gelly Roll 05 for details)
- Distress Stain (to stain the veneer paper)
- Adhesive - I used my ATG, Nuvo Glue and Nuvo Glue Pen
- Die Cutting Machine - I use a Spellbinders Platinum
- Non Stick Scissors
- Foam tape
Optional: Thin chipboard (for sentiment layers)
- Stamp image on CSWH Recycled White Cardstock
- Color image using markers (or coloring medium of your choice)
- Mask image using post it paper (or masking paper)
- Apply distress oxide ink using blending brushes or sponges
- Remove mask to reveal your image - I love this part!
- Trim along the bottom edge of stamped image (use a ruler to create a straight line)
- Cut one piece of veneer piece to about 2”x 4 ¼”
- Cut the other piece of veneer to 4 ¼ x 5 ½” (will be die cut later on)
- Stain veneer piece using distress stain
- Cut veneer piece to fit below stamped image
- Tape across the back
- Die cut stamped image/veneer panel
- Optional: Adhere foam tape to the back of the image panel (if you want to add dimension)
- Die cut the sentiment out of Veneer paper
- Die cut black panel
- Adhere layers together
- Cut Copper Cardstock in half at 4 1/4”
- Score Copper Cardstock at 5 1/2” and fold in half to create a vertical card base
- Adhere layers to your card base
- Die cut sentiment (+ extras if you are layering it for dimension)
- Glue sentiment layers together
- Glue sentiment to card front
- Add white accents using a gel pen (if you choose)
- Add color to die cut sentiment using a marker
I hope you’ve enjoyed this creative journey today as much as I did creating it and sharing it with you!
Please share your cards and paper crafting creations using Cardstock Warehouse Papers with us on social media using the tag #cardstockwarehouse to be featured on the CSWH Facebook and CSWH Instagram pages! Also if you’d like to follow along with my crafting adventures, you can do so at the links below! I’m more than happy to follow you back!
Have a crafty day, friends! See y’all next time! Crafty Hugs!