We’re nearing the end of Summer and heading into the new school year! It's always fun to plan our back to school gifts for our teachers! After the year we had last year, our teachers deserve the best!
Today, we are going to make a special card using a variety of colored cardstock paper along with some fun die cuts. First, let’s gather up our crafting supplies.
- Cardstock Warehouse Cardstock Papers: Sirio Ultra Black, Silver Mirricard Mirror, Oatmeal Speckletone, China White, Candy Pink, Iris, Gumdrop Green, Lemon Drop, Orange Fizz, Red Hot, Gialloro, Sweet Tooth
- Die Cuts
- Sizzix Big Shot Machine (if using dies)
- Mounting Tape
- Paper Cutter
- Advanced Tape Glider
- 2 Way Zig Pen
- Blank Card with Envelope (I used Sweet Tooth paper and envelope)
Let’s get started!
First I am going to run my dies through my Big Shot machine. Any die cutting machine will work.
If you don’t have the exact set, you can also find some of these images on Design Space or another program. Here are some examples: pencil (M45BD4), clipboard (M397EE), scissors (M2627FD54), and paper clips (MEFA24).
Here are my cut pieces. The colors for each piece are:
- Clipboard: Oatmeal base and Silver Mirror
- Scissors: Sirio Ultra Black handles and Silver Mirror blades
- Pencil: Gialloro pencil shaft, China White tip, Sirio Ultra Black lead, Silver Mirror metal casing, Candy Pink eraser
- Paper Clip: Silver Mirror
- Letters: Red Hot, Orange Fizz, Lemon Drop, Iris, and Gumdrop Green
Next, I’m going to cut different strips of colored cardstock paper with my paper cutter. This will be for the background of the card. I cut my strips in Red Hot, Orange Fizz, Lemon Drop, Gumdrop Green, Iris, and Sweet Tooth White.
cut paper strips for school supplies card
Now let’s assemble! Begin by taking your adhesive and gluing your strips of paper onto a Sweet Tooth A2 card base at an angle as detailed in the video below:
Next, let’s assemble the clipboard, pencil and scissors.
Once the clipboard and corresponding pieces are assembled, adhere it to the card using foam tape to make it POP!
Now that you have your clipboard attached, it's time to attach the letters. I like puns, so I cut out some letters with my Cricut and made it say "you rule!"
Add a message to your teacher inside the card and you’re done!
Now you are ready to spoil your new teachers with a custom thank-you card!
Thanks for hanging out and I can’t wait to see what you create for your teachers! Share your creations with us on our Instagram or Facebook page, and use #cardstockwarehouse for a chance to be featured on our page!
Thank you for following along!
Kayla from HoneyBee Paper Co
ETSY: HoneyBee Paper Co.