Looking for something fun to give on St. Patrick’s Day? How about wishing someone a “Magical Day” with this Rainbow Nugget Treat Bag? Join me as I show you how to put one together.
TO GET STARTED, you will need:
- Cardstock Warehouse Cardstock Papers
- Paper Trimmer
- Rainbow die-cut
- Chocolate Nugget Pieces (7)
- 2.25"x10" Clear Bag
- Black Ink Pad
- St. Patrick’s Day Sentiment Stamp
- Adhesive Tape & Removable Adhesive Dots
Using a paper trimmer (or ruler & scissors) I cut Wild Cherry, Orange Fizz, Banana Split, Sour Apple, Blu Raspberry, Grape Jelly, and Gold Touch Sparkle cardstock into 1-1/8th" x 3" strips. Then I took each strip and arched them slightly with my glue pen (you can also use your fingers). This breaks down any fibers in your cardstock and makes for easy wrapping around your chocolate nugget. Place a strip of adhesive to one end of your paper strips. Placing the non-adhesive end on the bottom of your chocolate nugget, wrap the paper strips around the nugget. Remove adhesive liner and press firmly, to seal wrapper together.
Using your paper trimmer, take the Gumdrop Green cardstock and cut into a 2” x 8” section. I added a piece of patterned paper cut to 1.75” x 7.75” on top. This strip of paper will act as a holder to place all your nuggets. Place a removable adhesive dot on the back of each nugget and adhere to the holder recently cut. Once all nuggets have been placed on the holder strip, insert into the 2.25” x 10” clear bag. You are now ready to add your topper to your Rainbow Nugget Treat Bag.
RAINBOW NUGGET TOPPER
To create my Rainbow Nugget Topper, I used a metal die by Jaded Blossom and cut it out of Gumdrop Green paper.
- Another great idea for a topper is taking a piece of 3.5” x 5” paper and folding in half. Layer a 3.25” x 2.25” piece of patterned paper and you have a perfect topper!
My rainbow die-cut is from SVG Cutting Files. I cut it out using the same colors I used to create the wrappers for the nuggets -
- SVG Cutting Files come with a PDF file, which makes it easy for those without a cutting machine to use as well. Simply print out your template and trace on to your paper.
- Or you can always print out a rainbow clipart from online or use a sticker image from your local craft store.
Once I had my topper pieces all assembled but not layered together, I stapled the topper to the Rainbow Nugget Treat Bag. I finished the treat bag by adding my Rainbow die-cut, which at last minute I added some cute faces to the clouds and shimmer. My sentiment was stamped on some White Sweet Tooth paper and tucked underneath.
Thank You for stopping by!
- Marlene (ScrappinCookie)