Ok, lets start making!!
- Cardstock Warehouse Papers:
- Factory Yellow Colorplan 65lb
- Gumdrop Green Pop-Tone 65lb
- Brown Box Kraft 100lb
- Chocolate Speckletone 100lb
- Ebony Colorplan 65lb
- Bright White Colorplan 100lb
- Candy Pink Colorplan 65lb
- Smoke Grey Colorplan 65lb
- Bright Red Colorplan 65lb
- Double-Sided Foam Dots
- Bearly Arts Glue
- Die Cutting Machine (Cricut or similar)
- Pencil, Apple, & Flag Pennant Cricut Images
- Font from Cricut
- Craft Tweezers (optional)
I started by searching my Cricut software for files for an apple, a pencil, and a pennant. You can also find our free pennant svgs here. You will also need to choose a font. I like using fonts that have two layers, or you can use the "off-set" feature to add a background layer.
Next, cut all of your images. I used the following colors for mine:
- Pencil: Factory Yellow, Candy Pink, Bright White, Smoke Grey, Ebony, and Brown Box Kraft
- Apple: Bright Red, Bright White, Gumdrop Green, and Chocolate Brown
- Pennant: Brown Box Kraft
- Letters: Ebony and Bright White
Once you have all the pieces cut out you can start gluing and layering them. I used Bearly Arts Glue to adhere all my pieces together.
Once you have all your pieces glued (pencil, apple, and letters) you can start pop dotting the letters onto the pencils and the apple onto the pennant flag. Place foam tape on the back of the pieces and adhere them to the pennants.
The final step is to punch holes in the pencils & pennant flags and string your banner. I used my crop-a-dile to punch my holes.
Now it's time to welcome students back!! I hope you enjoyed this project!
Website: Sweet Buttercup Designs
Etsy: Sweet Buttercup Designs